What is Alkaline Water?
Alkaline water is water that has a higher pH level than tap water (pH 7). Natural alkaline water is formed when the spring water flows down porous rocks and absorbs alkaline minerals that naturally increase its pH level. The higher the pH level the more alkaline, or basic, the water is. Typically, alkaline water is around pH8 to pH10. Some miracle springs, such as the Lourdes in France, have natural spring water that contains dissolved hydrogen, antioxidant properties and smaller cluster size water molecules.
Benefits of Alkaline Water
Alkaline minerals are essential for our body to stay healthy. These minerals are necessary nutrients that help our body like bones, teeth and blood to work properly. However, they cannot be produced by our bodies and must be supplied externally through food and water. Minerals in water are absorbed by our body faster than minerals consumed from fruits and vegetables. That is why drinking alkaline water is the best way to supplement our body’s deficiency in minerals and reap these multitudes of benefits. Read more about Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) and Fluoride Reduction.
1. Alleviate acid reflux symptoms: Acid reflux, also known as heartburn, symptoms can make one feel extremely uncomfortable. It is caused by pepsin – a protein that thrives in an acidic environment. Drinking water with a pH level of 8.8 prevents heartburn symptoms by reducing the acidity in our body.
2. Improves hydration: Drinking alkaline water improves hydration in athletes and enhances their performance, with research showing that it may also help the body to produce lactic acid - which aids in muscle build-up painlessly .
3. Improves health: Alkaline mineral water restores your body to a more alkaline state, which is optimal for good health. It also improves heart health by orchestrating blood flow in and out of the heart, preventing the development of plaque and conditions like diabetes, hypertension, and elevated cholesterol, which are all connected to cardiovascular diseases.
What is Hydrogen Water?
Hydrogen water is water that has hydrogen atoms infused into it. To achieve the benefits of hydrogen water, hydrogen molecules must be in their unbounded form when dissolved in water so the active hydrogen atoms can reach different parts of our body quickly.
Benefits of Hydrogen Water
Hydrogen atoms are known to be anti-inflammatory antioxidants for the organs, muscles and tissues, greatly improving their performance .
1. Easier absorption by the body: Water infused by hydrogen is more easily absorbed by the body due to its smaller-sized water molecules. Minerals can quickly go into the bloodstream and are dispersed at the cellular level. This helps individuals to fight illnesses, improve their wellness, and generally feel better with more energy.
2. Lowers the risks of diseases: Oxidized cells have higher risks of causing medical disorders. Hydrogen water lowers the risk of these disorders such as obesity and diabetes. According to the Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition, drinking hydrogen water allows the body to build superoxide dismutase, a type of cancer-prevention substance that stalls metabolic disorders.
3. Protects and rejuvenates the skin: A glass of hydrogen water contains about 170 times more antioxidants than Vitamin C. Hydrogen-rich water is an excellent cell reinforcement that prevents oxidation and repairs cells affected by oxidation from the constant sunlight in Singapore. This will greatly boost your skin’s rejuvenation.
4. Enhances learning and improves performance: Drinking hydrogen-rich water lessens oxidation in the brain and enhances memory formation and learning, allowing you to remain sharp and be well-protected from neurodegenerative risks .
Read more about the Benefits of Hydrogen Water here.
Combining The Best of Both Worlds
Alkaline Hydrogen Water
Coral Pure’s alkaline hydrogen water is an enhanced version of alkaline water and hydrogen water. It combines both the benefits of alkaline water and hydrogen water. It is modelled after certain natural Alkaline spring water around the world that have natural dissolved hydrogen molecules.
1. Increased alkalinity with antioxidant hydrogen: With the combination of alkaline minerals and hydrogen atoms, Coral Pure’s alkaline hydrogen water has a pH of 9 to 10.5. It is infused with antioxidant hydrogen (-150 to -500mv), dissolved hydrogen (500-1900 ppb), and dissolved oxygen (15-18 ppm). All these atoms are powerful natural antioxidants that drive away free radicals which cause ageing and illness. This is why many villagers who live near a pristine natural spring enjoy better health and longer lives . They have access to pure and clean natural antioxidant hydrogen alkaline mineral water with pH9 to 10.5. As it is natural alkaline water, it is suitable for people of all ages, including newborns, the elderly, and individuals on medication.
2. Rich in organic coral minerals extracted from Japan: Corals provide 72 types of minerals such as calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium and silica from coral stones with a pH of 9.5 – 10.5. These minerals are formed when the coral ionizes in water. They are essential to the human body, helping to regulate and rejuvenate bodily functions. Coral calcium, in particular, aids digestion and improves metabolism, allowing individuals to break down fat tissue quickly and retain less fat.
For example, the longevity of the Okinawans is linked to their diet of natural coral calcium and minerals. Many Okinawans have the longest life expectancy on the planet, with low rates of coronary illness, malignant tumours, and better overall health due to the abundance of coral calcium in the waters surrounding the island.
3. Removal of fluoride toxicity: Fluoride is a common element found in Singapore’s tap water to prevent tooth decay. However, research has shown that fluoride can be harmful to our bodies and well-being . Fluoride is also banned in most advance countries such as Korea and Japan. (Therefore most Korea and Japan water purifier does not have the capability to remove fluoride) Alkaline minerals and antacids aid the liver in eliminating the residue fluoride found in the water via urine. The alkaline coral minerals also facilitate weight loss as toxic fluoride metals are lipophilic, leading to gut and full-body fat.
Read more about the Benefits of Organic Coral Minerals.
Why Should Artificial Alkaline Water Be Avoided?
Artificial alkaline water, also known as electrolysis ionized alkaline water, ought to be avoided. As the name suggests, this water is created artificially through electrolysis. Tap water passes through an electric ionizer, in which water molecules are forcibly split and pushed through metal plates of platinum and titanium. Through this process, platinum and titanium ions are exchanged, leading to a higher pH in water.
Research has found that this overly-charged ionized alkaline water with platinum and titanium ions has health hazards. The alkaline level in water may be high, but the toxicity increases too.
This results in the bone and skin facing problems due to the lack of minerals that are caused by the body trying to support the high level of pH. According to its instruction manual, it is also unsafe to be consumed by young children and individuals on medication.
The high pH in artificial alkaline water makes the body think it is receiving minerals when in reality, the body’s bones end up sacrificing their minerals to make up for the lack of minerals in water.
Artificial alkaline water is also expensive as the metal plates require frequent maintenance which can only be done in service centers.
Why Do Some Countries Still Use Ionized Alkaline Water?
Artificial ionized alkaline water is more suitable for use in Japan and Korea due to the following factors:
More suitable for cleaner water as the ionizers are built with one to two basic purifying pre-filters.
Both countries' tap water have higher natural alkaline minerals due to the abundance of natural spring water.
The governments of both countries banned fluoride for water treatment and there is no need for high specifications filtration to remove fluoride and other harmful Total Dissolved Solids (TDS).
In view of the above factors, electrolysis alkaline ionizer is not recommended for Singapore compared to other countries like Japan and Korea due to the nature of Singapore’s tap water.
Therefore, our customers who previously used such machines face significant health issues such as body aching, skin health, urine acid, gout, constipation, and kidney pain after daily consumption over a year.
However, this group of customers found their health conditions improving greatly within 2 to 3 months after switching to Coral Pure’s natural alkaline hydrogen water.
Over hundreds of our clients’ well-being have improved due to our alkaline hydrogen water.
 Molecular Hydrogen Institute. (n.d.). Molecular Hydrogen Institute.
 Brazier, Y. (2018, February 21). Why do we have fluoride in our water? Medical News Today.
 Alkaline Water and Longevity: A Murine Study. (2016). PubMed Central (PMC). https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4906185/